CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 27, 2009

Finally... A FO!

Pattern: Ishbel Beret
Yarn: Handmaiden Casbah in a Black/Blue Colorway
Needles: Size US 2.5 Harmony DPNs/Size US 6 16" Addi Turbos & Clover Bamboo DPNs
Size: 22"
Mods: None!

I've been experiencing knitting ADD recently. I just keep starting projects and am unable to finish them. But now finally, I have a finished object. Its currently blocking over a plate (as shown in the picture). I must say that it is absolutely lovely and the pattern itself is so simple. Now I'm excited to actually make the Ishbel shawl, I'll just need to dig through my stash to find some yarn for it. I can't purchase anymore yarn, I'm still unemployed and I have bills to pay. Its a perfect opportunity to work on destashing.
Yesterday I started Bettie's Lace Stockings with some Rowan 4-ply Soft that I picked up. The pattern is fairly easy so far and is knitting up rather quickly. I went up to a size US 2.5 from a US 2 for the foot and I think I'll move to a US 3 for the calf increases. I have ginormous calves. I've been distracted from knitting by a book I've been reading. Who who know that the Goddess Summoning series by P.C. Cast would be so addicting. I'm reading them out of order, starting with Goddess of Light but I'm planning on ordering the rest of the series from Amazon. Hey I need books, I gotta have something to do while unemployed. I also purchased Cookie A's new book Sock Innovation. I can't wait for it to hit my mailbox.

0 comments: